Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Starting solids and a new haircut for Brady

Brady has been so excited to start solids. He told me :] He always leans forward to try and grab my food when we are eating dinner, he is so interested in what we are eating, and he is officially 6 months - time to start :] I was so excited when I went to the store to get some baby food!! I got some rice cereal, oatmeal cereal, and a variety of starter fruits and veggies. On Sunday we tried the rice cereal and Brady loved eating it!!


He would lean forward toward the spoon and open his mouth :]



Unfortunately, he got a little rash on his chest, neck and back after we tried so I've stopped giving it to him and in a few days we will try oatmeal. I hope he isn't allergic to rice! Has anyone had a similar experience or know anything about rashes after eating rice cereal? It also made him really constipated which was not fun... So hopefully things go better with the oatmeal!

Another fun activity for the night was giving Brady a little hair trim. His hair is only growing in the top middle section of his head, so it is a perfect faux-hawk! I love it, but it was getting rather long on the top haha. So I used our clippers and put on the longest guard we had so it wouldn't take off much. It wasn't a huge change, but it was fun to see Brady's reaction to getting a hair cut! He was smiling so big for his Daddy!!


A little bit nervous for the first buzz! 


But he was so good the whole time, and didn't get sad once :]


We didn't really get a good after shot... but like I said, it doesn't look much different. Just a little shorter on top :]



No comments:

Post a Comment