Sunday, October 21, 2012

Birthday celebrations, baby showers and more!

The past month of October has been crazy busy for us here in Utah!! And just a heads up, this is going to be a monster post, since I haven't updated all month long! We have been visiting with family, preparing for baby to get here, and enjoying the amazing fall weather. The first weekend in October was General Conference and also my baby shower that the Lamprecht's threw for me. It was so fun having so much family in town!

On Friday my mom and sisters drove down for the shower, and Jordan's whole family came into town for the shower, general conference, and for his grandpa's 80th Birthday celebration. The shower that the girls threw for me was amazing and it was so much fun to get together with so many friends and family members and catch up. It was at a little dessert cafe called "The Chocolate" and it was seriously so cute!!








After the shower, we went to dinner for Linda's Birthday at Brick Oven :] Yumm! And while we were there, Danny and Kiley announced that they were having a little BOY! We couldn't be more excited for them! It will be fun that our little guy will have cousins close in age on both sides :]

The next day, we had an amazing time listening to General Conference and celebrating Elmer Lamprecht's 80th Birthday. All of the grandchildren were able to make it to the Birthday celebration except for 1 who is on a mission, so it was a great turn out! We went out for lunch together and then we gathered back at the hotel for a little Q&A about Grandpa's life. It was so fun to hear all his great stories and what his life was like growing up and meeting Bette Rae. 



We had such an amazing weekend with both of our families. Also, this month we were able to go and pick out our pumpkins! I called a few places because I wanted to go to an actual pumpkin patch where they are still connected to the vine and  you get to pick your own pumpkin from the field. Apparently the girl I talked to on the phone didn't understand what I meant when I said pumpkin patch, so we ended up going to a greenhouse place... but we still had lots of fun finding our pumpkins for the year!


We are so excited to carve our pumpkins and celebrate Halloween! Our first year of marriage we were pretty lame when it came to holidays, so we are trying to do better this year :] 

There are only 5 weeks left until my due date! Its crazy to think our little guy could be here in 35 days!! Well I guess he could be here a lot sooner than that, but he should be here by then :] I think we have everything ready for him and we are prepared! I guess we will find out what we are missing when he gets here haha. I just can't wait to be a mommy :] 




No comments:

Post a Comment